Church of Our Redeemer is currently seeking a new Parish Administrator. A detailed job description is below. If you would like to apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part- time Parish Administrator for Episcopal church
This role is central to the work of our ministry, and has responsibilities for both the internal workings of parish and our external representation to a variety of stakeholders and community members.
This is a 25 hour per week position, but the scheduling of this time is flexible around the needs of the candidate appointed. For example, it could be Monday-Friday 9am-2pm, or Monday-Thursday 9am-3:15pm. Shorter summer hours and longer school year hours are also a possibility.
Reporting to the parish rector, and serving as a principal member of a small professional team and with a group of highly engaged and active volunteers, the Parish Administrator has a number of responsibilities, chief of which are:
- Serving as the informational hub of the parish, maintaining accurate records regarding parish membership, contact information, etc.
- Preparing materials for Sunday worship
- Serving as a first representative of the parish to tenants, vendors, and visitors
- Ensuring the confidential treatment of pastoral information
- Coordinating the use of Redeemer’s physical facilities by occasional renters and members of the community
- Serving as the principal point of contact between the parish and its vendors and contractors
- Being the point person for parish communications including flyers, a monthly Constant Contact newsletter, weekly email, and basic Facebook and web (WordPress) postings.
- Three to five years’ experience in an administrative role.
- High facility in Microsoft Office applications, particularly MSWord, and Google Calendar.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability to work collaboratively and responsively with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a church, social service, or nonprofit setting.
- Familiarity with membership database systems.
- Communications/marketing experience.
- Familiarity with web authoring and content management systems, especially Word Press.
Salary range $27,000 to $31,500 for 25 hours per week, based on experience. Schedule is negotiable, summer hours available. Competitive benefits package. Please send resume to the Rev. Kate Ekrem, Rector, Church of Our Redeemer, 6 Meriam Street, Lexington MA 02421 or email@example.com.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: As a parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts, Church of Our Redeemer does not discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs and activities on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), age, disability, genetic information, military service, or any other characteristic or class protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. The church complies with all state and federal laws that prohibit discrimination, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Equal Pay Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.