Responding to complaints, on May 6, the Property Committee (through the hard work of volunteers) removed the yews, planted in 1956, at the front of the church. The left evergreen was badly damaged two years ago during our record snowfall winter.
Karen Blake, our horticulturalist/landscape architect, found two holly bushes at the Wagon Wheel Nursery, which have been planted where the yews were. Holly can grow to 10’ wide, so they were placed 5’ from the stairs and 5’ from the foundation.
On May 13, we held an All-Parish Mulching Day.
Many thanks to all who helped make our grounds more beautiful this spring!