|This past Spring, the Vestry commissioned a group consisting of Charles Hornig, Helene Sullas-Huggins, and Bill Vogele to update our Bylaws and align them better with Diocesan requirements. Both the Vestry and the Diocese have reviewed and approved the draft developed by this group. The final step in the process is for the parish to approve it at our next Annual Meeting in late January.|
You can find the proposed new Bylaws HERE.
The draft differs from our existing Bylaws in that it
1. Creates an adaptable “range” in terms of the number of vestry members to accommodate parish membership shifts into the future
2. Changes how we select the nominating committee. Members will be appointed by the Vestry rather than elected at the Annual Meeting
3. Limits service on the Nominating Committee to two consecutive terms, to encourage turnover
4. Clarifies the status of a youth member of the vestry as a full voting member
5. Establishes an anti-nepotism clause regarding family/household membership on the Vestry
6. Explicitly permits participation and voting in Vestry meetings and Annual Meetings by remote (electronic) means
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact any Vestry member.
There will be an opportunity for discussion at the Annual Meeting