Who are our rectors?
Rector: Reverend Kate Ekrem and Assistant Rector: Reverend Andrew Goldhor
When are our services?
8:00 am and 9:30 am on Sunday
Can children come to the services?
Children are welcome at our services! The church features a soft space for families with young children to give room for babies and toddlers to move around during the service. And during the service children are invited up to the altar during the eucharist.
Is there coffee hour after church?
Yes! Please join us in the Great Hall after worship for coffee, snacks and fellowship. In the summer the coffee hour is held outside.
What kind of programs do you have for children’s formation?
- For ages 3 to 5th grade we have the Catechesis of the Good Shephard, a montessori based approach to the religious formation of children. The children are divided into three learning groups: 3 through kindergarten, 1st through 3rd grade and 4th & 5th grade.
- For 6th and 7th graders we have Rite 13, which focuses on forming and nuturing a Christian community, and helping youth explore and affirm their gifts and creative powers.
- For 8th and 9th graders we have J2A, Journey to Adulthood, to help young people learn skills for faithful living. At the end of the 2nd year of this program the kids go on a pilgrimage.
- For 10th – 12th graders we have Young Adults in Church (YAC), which encourages young adults to be part of all areas of parish life.
Is there a Youth Group?
Yes the youth group for 9th – 12 graders meets Sunday nights in the Great Hall to make dinner and for fellowship. Please join us!
Do you have an active mission program?
Yes, we support several ministries:
- St. Christopher’s Mission in the Diocese of Navajoland (mission trips)
- Esperanza Academy in Lawrence (support annual Science Fair)
- Grow Clinic of Boston Medical Center (provide “Anything but the baby” supplies)
- Bristol Lodge (Provide meals once or twice a month)
- Let’s Eat Together (a weekly meal for people who need food or fellowship hosted at Redeemer’s Great Hall)
- Lexington Food Pantry: hosted on Saturday mornings in Redeemer’s Great Hall
The Mission Committee meets once a month. To join just ask anyone at Coffee Hour or call or email our office and they will give you the details.
Is there a choir for adults I can join?
Absolutely! Our adult choir rehearses Tuesdays from 7:30 to 9:00pm and Sunday mornings from 8:30 – 9:10 am. Anyone is welcome!
Is there a choir for children?
Yes, the Atrium Singers rehearse Sunday mornings form 11:30 – 11:50 am, September through May, and perform during services.