Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God,
serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. (1 Peter 4:10)
Giving is how we respond in gratitude to all that God has given us, and to our desire to share our gifts with others. These gifts are often labeled as “wealth, works, and wisdom” – not so we can pick and choose between them, but so that we can recognize the abundant gifts within ourselves and give as fully as we can of all three. By investing our work, wisdom, and wealth in the life of Redeemer’s community, we are investing in the transformative power of Christian generosity.
Works & Wisdom
In our baptismal vows, we promise to seek and serve Christ in all persons, and to strive for justice, peace, and dignity among all people. At Redeemer, there are many ways our talents, experience, and passions can be put to use for the work and needs of the congregation and the broader community. Some examples include serving on the Altar Guild; the Vestry (our governing body); teaching Christian Formation for our children, youth and young adults; and serving on a committee. We can also commit our time and talent working with our many social action partners: in support of youth education (Esperanza Academy); food insecurity (Lexington Food Pantry, LexEat, Grow Clinic, Bristol Lodge); and housing (Habitat for Humanity); in our partnership with Lexington houses of worship to address racism; and in supporting St. Christopher’s Mission Church in Navajoland.
Giving of our time and talents are important ways we respond to God’s call to social action, ministry and fellowship. Many members renew a prior interest or discover a hidden talent by volunteering in an area they may not have previously considered. We invite you to participate in a ministry that appeals to you.
At the Eucharistic prayer, our financial offerings are brought to the altar where they are blessed. We believe that God is present in them, transforming these gifts into Gods’ work in the world.
How can you make a financial contribution to Redeemer?
- Make an annual commitment of a gift – online at any time, or participate in the Annual Stewardship Campaign in the fall.
- Make a non-pledge gift
- Make a planned gift as part of your estate planning. Read more about Planned Giving.
How do you fulfill your gift?
- You can mail a check to the church office at 6 Meriam St., Lexington, MA 02420
- You can give electronically via our secure online donation page, hosted by Vanco.
Annual Stewardship Campaign
Each year during the Fall Stewardship season, we invite the people of Redeemer to make a financial commitment or “pledge” to the parish for the coming year. Monetary gifts are the predominant source of the church’s income, funding both our operating costs and our ministries. We are blessed that our rental income pays for the maintenance and upkeep of our buildings. This means that every dollar pledged goes directly to support worship, formation, and social action outreach.
Visit the Annual Stewardship Campaign page for additional information.
How can you make a donation?
- You can give electronically via our secure online giving page, hosted by Vanco.
- You can make an annual financial commitment – pledge online at any time, or participate in the Annual Stewardship Campaign in the Fall.
- You can make a planned gift as part of your estate planning. Read more about Planned Giving.